we are so new to the blog world. still navigating unknown waters, can you imagine the thrill when we discovered we were nominated for the liebster award? after researching what this was in the first place, we discovered it was a peer kudos, new bloggers giving other new bloggers the thumbs up. so first off, a huge thanks to Grow. Cook. Eat. Share. for thinking us worthy, wow. it just so happens that this nomination coincided with our monthly “business meeting” which coincided with cher’s birthday party. all this means we had a lot of fun together answering the questions and nominating other blogs and thinking of new questions. so here is the deal:
- Thank the person that nominated you and link back up to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate some unknown number of other blogs with less than 200 followers, unknown because some say 10, others 11, others less.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them, including a link back to your post.
And now, here are our answers to Grow. Cook. Eat. Share.‘s ten questions.
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
we all agree blogging is allowing us an exciting venue to communicate with each other and a new creative outlet. we would never be doing it alone, so the cooperative element of our blog is crucial to it’s survival.
2. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t blogging?
living on the farm.
3. Who is one of the most inspirational people in your life?
cher replies: “my husband” coree and robin immediately screech “barf” and we all conclude the most inspirational people in our lives are the children, all 8 of them. we have chosen this lifestyle for them, the quality of life and food we hope to raise them with. a brilliant and wonderful bunch, they inspire us every minute of each day.
4. Where do you go to “get away from it all”?
the creek, unanimous again. (at this point we are all sitting by the creek at cher’s farm, celebrating together)
5. What has kept you busiest this summer?
collectively growing food for hundreds of people while maintaining simplicity, homeschooling, preparing lots of meals, laundry, dishes (more laundry, more dishes…)
6. What has been your most successful experience in cooking or farming?
coree: this year we have had almost no corn ear worms, that is extremely satisfying.
cher: the peaches
robin: the first blueberry crop felt pretty miraculous
7. What has been your most epic fail to do with cooking or farming?
cher: maybe it was the year the goats ate the orchard or the year we had 2 epic floods?
coree: stick with this season
robin: the tomatoes, awful.
8. What is your favorite food and why?
robin: lettuce, doesn’t need to be explained
cher: sweet potatoes, doesn’t need to be explained
coree: (shaking her head and laughing) i have no answer for that one
9. How would you describe your region’s food culture?
“sprinkled or dipped?”
10. What is your favorite childhood food memory?
cher: eating sweet corn with 6 front teeth missing and butter ear to ear
coree: my step mom made jello easter eggs nestled in jello grass.
robin: baked home made macaroni and cheese, my mom’s comfort food.
Next our nominees are
and our fun questions for them are:
1. Do you read fiction or non-fiction?
2. What do you eat for breakfast?
3. What is your favorite tree?
4. How long can you go without checking your phone or email?
5. What is your favorite body of water?
6. Name a place you haven’t been that you would like to go.
7. Do you feel like you are living in the most appropriate time period for your personality/values?
8. If you could invite anyone to join you for a dinner party, who would it be?
9. What would you serve?
10. What is/was your most extreme dietary choice (vegan/freegan/raw)?
we had fun asking and answering questions ourselves back at this tea time post – here.
thanks again to grow. cook. eat. share, for nominating us, this was great fun! can’t wait to hear the answers from our nominees…